Annual Fund-Leadership Circle, Willamette University
POSITION: Annual Fund – Leadership Circle
LOCATION: Hybrid Work – 3 days in Salem, OR/2 days remote
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Annual Fund – Leadership Circle position will be a vital part of a dynamic team responsible for designing, supporting, and executing activities across all verticals of fundraising. The position reports directly to Director of the Annual Fund and will be responsible for the stewardship of a portfolio of approximately 300 donors. The ideal Annual Fund – Leadership Circle candidate has a strong understanding of annual fund work with experience in database management, segmentation, MOVES management, and donor communication. They are able to set goals, with their supervisor, for donor engagement and work well within the team to steward Willamette University’s donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly manage a portfolio of 300 donors that contribute $1,000 - $9,999 each year
- Conduct one-on-one cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship meetings with donors to secure donations
- Develop goals, plans, and performance measures; monitor activity and progress toward goals
- Take responsibility to ensure accurate gift entry, acknowledgments, and pledge invoices for donors in assigned portfolio
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate the mission and needs of Willamette University
- Work closely with key members of the Development and Marketing Team
- Attend meetings and/or staff events that may take place in the evening or on weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of nonprofit development work OR relevant work experience
- Ability to effectively manage and grow relationships
- Strong technological skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Successful track record of working with a wide range of individuals, both internal and external
HOW TO APPLY
Nonprofit Professionals Now is pleased to be working with Willamette University in the effort to fill this key role.
All applications must contain a resume and cover letter. All submitted materials are reviewed by NPN staff and considered as part of the hiring process.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment at Willamette University means being part of a community that values education and its impact on the world, is friendly, supportive, and increasingly diverse. Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.